SUMMER READING PROGRAM KICK OFF: WILDLIFE ENCOUNTERS—June 27, 6:30 PM
Join us for Wildlife Encounters’ live animal experience. The show features a diverse selection of seven of our amazing small and medium-sized Ambassador Animals! Sure to be an interactive and eye opening experience where you will likely meet animals you’ve never encountered in your life! Receive a raffle ticket for attending.
REGISTRATION— Beginning June 27th children and adults of all ages are welcome to register for the summer reading program at any time until August 6th. Registrants will receive a reading log, a calendar of programs, and a raffle ticket for a variety of prizes. Below are details on how it all works!
READING LOGS—Reading logs are available for participants to track their reading from June 27—August 11.
- Ages 0—Kindergarten: Mark each completed activity (see activity sheet) with a sticker. Complete 4 per week to receive a special weekly prize and bring the activity log into the library each week to receive a raffle ticket. Also earn a raffle ticket for each library program attended. Raffle prizes include a variety of local attractions and activities.
- Kindergarten—Grade 8: Mark each day you read with a sticker. Read 7 days per week to receive a special weekly prize and bring the log into the library each week to receive a raffle ticket. Also earn a raffle ticket for each library program attended. Raffle prizes include a variety of local attractions and activities.
- High School & Adults: Mark each completed BINGO square to earn a raffle ticket. Complete a BINGO row to receive 5 raffle tickets and earn 10 additional raffle tickets for a completed BINGO board. One raffle prize will be awarded for Book BINGO—Winner will receive a Popovers gift certificate and movie passes.
Each day you read, mark your log with a sticker. Each week bring your reading log into the library to receive a raffle ticket. Earn an additional prize each week for reading 7 days. Weekly prizes are awarded during the following weeks:
- Week 1: July 9-14
- Week 2: July 16—21
- Week 3: July 23—28
- Week 4: July 30—August 4
- Week 5: August 6—11
*Winners of each raffle prize will be drawn and notified on August 13.
UNDER A STARRY NIGHT: NOCTURNAL ANIMALS—AGES 5+
JULY 10TH – 3 PM
The Children’s Museum or NH will visit the library to present: Under a Starry Sky: Nocturnal Animals. Join us for a fun-filled exploration into the star-lit world of nocturnal animals. Learn how these animals have adapted to survive in their nighttime environment, under a starry sky. A museum educator will lead participants in a fascinating, hands-on, and startlingly science-filled presentation all about these critters of the night. Participants will travel through interactive stations where they can investigate animal tracks, animal constellations, explore hands-on nature experiments, and more!
*Please note: there will be no live animals at this program. Registration required. Limited to 25 participants.
STEM PROGRAMS – ALL AGES
Families are invited to join us each week for a different science-based activity.
*Please note: Registration is required. Limited to 25 participants.
- July 11th – 3 PM: Snap Circuits – Limited to 20 participants
- July 18th – 2 PM: Lamprey Rivers Advisory
- July 25th – 3 PM: Glow Bracelets
- August 1st – 2 PM: Rocket Launch
COLLABART: UNIVERSE DISHES—ALL AGES
In this 1-hour clay workshop, participants will complete a “Universe Dish” with a unique design of their own by painting and carving into the clay using a process called Sgraffito. Artwork will be fired in a kiln with a clear glaze finish.
*Please note: Registration is required. Limited to 16 participants.
GROWNUP MOVIE NIGHTS
Join us for a series of outer space themed movies for grownups. Popcorn will be served and earn a raffle ticket for attending.
- July 17, 6 PM: First Man—The riveting story behind the first manned mission to the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the decade leading to the historic Apollo 11 flight.
- July 24, 6 PM: Apollo 13—NASA’s worst nightmare turned into one of the space agency’s most heroic moments in 1970, when the Apollo 13 crew was forced to hobble home in a disabled capsule after an explosion seriously damaged the moon-bound spacecraft.
- July 31, 6 PM: Interstellar—With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.
- August 7, 6 PM: Arrival—When mysterious spacecraft touch down around the world, a team, including linguist Louise Banks, is brought together to investigate. As mankind teeters on the verge of global war, Banks and the team race against time for answers, and to find them, she will take a chance that could threaten her life, and quite possibly humanity.
SUMMER READING FINALE: LINDSAY & HER PUPPET PALS – ALL AGES
AUGUST 8TH – 3:30 PM
Lindsay’s funny, fast paced, and highly interactive variety show delights the young and the young at heart! Kids will meet several larger than life, hand crafted puppets… Perhaps a goofy moose, a heroic tiger, or a lovable bear. Oh my! Maybe a dancing robot or flamingo, an adorable mouse, a stubborn goat, a shy dragon, or a singing dinosaur! Come find out who’s making an appearance this time! Lindsay has been performing full time since 2011, presenting to several thousand children each year. Through animated storytelling and thoughtful messaging, she hopes to inspire creative play, resilience, and empathy in even the youngest. She also believes shared joy and laughter strengthens communities.
READING LOGS & RAFFLE PRIZES
Bring reading logs (ages 0 to adult) to the library by August 11 to earn raffle tickets. Raffle winners will be drawn and contacted on August 13.