**The Meeting Room is currently unavailable due to Covid-19 protocols. If you would like to use the library grounds to meet outside please call us at 679-8484.
*Meeting Room Policy & Registration Form* – Please complete and return to the library or email to email@example.com
The Blaisdell Library maintains a meeting room for Library sponsored or co-sponsored programs which support the Library’s mission. The Blaisdell Library meeting room is also available to community groups and agencies which engage in cultural, civic, intellectual, educational, or charitable activities. The Blaisdell Library recognizes the rights to free speech and free assembly. Granting permission to use Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the users or their beliefs by the Library Staff or Board of Trustees. Access to the meeting room is open to all regardless of race, religion, or gender. Persons using the meeting room are subject to all rules and regulations of the Library. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to revoke meeting room privileges at any time and to change or amend the provisions of this policy.
- Library programs will be given priority in the reservation of the room.
• Second priority will be given to persons or non-commercial organizations based in Nottingham.
• All groups must complete a Meeting Room Registration Form before their initial meeting.
• All applications will be reviewed by the Library Director and/or the Library Trustees.
• All reservations are processed in the order in which they are received.
• All groups using the meeting room on an ongoing basis must reapply annually after July 1 for the September through August period.
- All meetings must be free and open to the public.
• There will be no fee for Nottingham residents or nonprofit organizations based in Nottingham.
• If available, the meeting room may be reserved by persons not from Nottingham and any for-profit commercial organization for a fee payable prior to the meeting date.
• Non-resident persons will be charged $25.00 per use.
• For-profit commercial organizations will be charged $100.00 per use.
- All required fees paid for use of the meeting room must be paid in advance, and are non-refundable within 24-hours of the scheduled meeting room time.
• Nonprofit organizations and non-resident persons conducting meetings or programs which directly benefit Nottingham residents will not be charged a fee.
• Any fee may be waived by vote of the Library Trustees.
CANCELLATION OF MEETINGS
- The Library must be notified of the cancellation of a meeting as soon as possible.
• If the Library is forced to close a reasonable effort will be made to notify the contact person indicated on the Reservation Form.
• Each organization is responsible for notifying participants.
• The Library is not responsible for any cost of inconvenience incurred by the organization.
- The Library, its staff, and Trustees are not responsible for personal articles.
• The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of any property brought onto the premises.
• Any damage to the Library property, even if accidental, is the responsibility of the organization using the room.
USE OF THE MEETING ROOM
- The room may only be used during the time the Library is open.
• There is no smoking and no alcoholic beverages allowed anywhere in the Library.
• Consumption of all refreshments must be confined to the meeting room.
• Groups are responsible for meeting room setup.
• The meeting room shall be left in a clean and orderly condition.
• All chairs, tables, etc. should be returned to their original position.
• Occupancy is limited by the Fire Marshal to 35 people.
• Programs may not disrupt normal Library business.
• Attendees must supervise any children associated with their meeting, both inside the Library and the Library grounds.
• No group may imply in its publicity that the Library has sponsored or supported its meeting or group.
• Use of tape, tacks, push-pins or similar hardware is not permitted on the meeting room walls.
• Materials may be displayed inside the meeting room one half hour prior to, during, and one half hour after the meeting.
• All programs must end at the time the Library closes and the building must be vacated promptly.
• No political rallies, fundraising activities or solicitations for donations are allowed.
- Children under the age of ten (10) must be accompanied by an adult at all times; both inside the Library and on the Library grounds.
• Youth groups must have an adult sponsor and one adult in attendance for every ten (10) young people.
• Parents or guardians attending a meeting room function may not leave any child under ten (10) years of age unattended in the Library. Any other children who are in any way disruptive or uncooperative will be asked to join his parent or guardian.