How do I log in to OverDrive / NH Downloadable Books?
- To log in to OverDrive, use your library card # and 7-digit telephone number that is associated with your library account. You can customize your login information once you access your account, but your initial log in must be through your card/telephone #s. If you already have a Blaisdell Memorial Library card, but are having difficulty accessing Overdrive, please email or call us and we would be happy to assist you!
- *Tip: Download the Overdrive app, called Libby, to your mobile device for seamless access to the Overdrive catalog.
How do I borrow and download ebooks to my mobile device?
- Overdrive ebook Help
- *Tip: Determine which device you will be reading ebooks on and use the link above to assist with getting started. Other than Kindle users, the best way to access Overdrive is by downloading the Libby app to your mobile device.
How do I borrow and download audiobooks to my mobile device?
- Overdrive Audiobook Help
- *Tip: Determine which device you will use to listen and use the link above to assist with getting started. Other than MP3 users, the best way to access Overdrive is by downloading the Libby app to your mobile device.
What is the difference between the Overdrive app and the Libby app?
- Overdrive’s original app is still operating and can be utilized, however they developed a more user-friendly, efficient app called Libby. It is suggested the new users start with Libby. Current Overdrive users are advised to complete their current loans on the Overdrive app, then download and use the Libby app in the future.
How do I borrow and download digital magazines?
- The magazines are licensed for simultaneous use. They are readable on a computer (as the Read Now format) and through the Libby device, working nearly exactly like an eBook. Black and white Kindles will not handle the format. Kindle Fire users need to install the Libby app a different way to attempt getting the magazines. (Instructions are linked in the NHDB site handout.)
- Things to know:
- These checkout do not affect the number of available checkouts for eBooks and audiobooks.
- All patrons in the state can check out the same magazine. There are no limits.
- The magazines expire, but can be re-checked out.
- Back issues accumulate and will continue to circulate.
- Pinch-to-zoom feature:
- Tap/click in the center of the screen to bring up the controls.
- Tap/click on Zoom in the upper-right corner.
- Pinch-out on a device or click the plus symbol to zoom further in on the text.
- 25 Available Titles
- The Atlantic
- Bloomberg Business
- Car and Driver
- Clean Eating
- Country Living
- ESPN Magazine
- Field & Stream
- Food Network Magazine
- HGTV Magazine
- House Beautiful
- Lonely Planet Traveller
- O, The Oprah Magazine
- Outside Magazine
- PC Magazine
- Popular Mechanics
- Popular Science
- Simple & Delicious
- Simply Knitting
- Woman’s Day
- Yoga Journal
- Things to know: